IMPORTANT!!! Prepare before the Hackathon
View the following Documentation for Details on the API's. This will enable you to spend more time on generating ideas and focusing on the app rather than focusing on how the API works !!!!
- API's & Datasets Documentation and Description
- Cool Climate API Keys
- Sign Up for your own API Keys for Cool Climate here
- Rally.org API Keys
Rules and Judging Criteria
- Registration: must register on Eventbrite by August 9th @ 5 PM
- Teams: if you're submitting as a team, you must specify team members by August 9th @ 9 PM
- Start and End Times: Coding will commence on August 9th @ 7 PM and continue through August 10th @ 4 PM.
- Languages and tools: Applications may be assembled using any mix of programming languages, application frameworks, and development tools. Participants are expected to bring the necessary hardware and software tools to build their competition entry. Internet access via WiFi and wired Ethernet will be provided
- No Prior Development: all development activities must be conducted between the start and end times of the hackathon.
- Judging: A judging panel of experts from various domains will score competitors on concept, design, originality, impact, and functionality. Teams will have a maximum of (4) minutes to demonstrate their running application to the judging panel.
- Data to base your design on is here.
- Infographics, graphic designs, videos, or mockups are all accepted. Just have fun and highlight climate change issues!
- Remember, the deadline to submit is 9 PM on August 5th and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sample infographics to help your brainstorming can be found below: